[meteorite-list] NWA904 Meteorite, Collection in a Slice, MAIN MASS 1, 968g

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 24 06:31:39 2004

Hi List,

I was disturbed to find a bunch of malarkey in the way of images produced by
Stan. I believe Marcin has a legitimate claim but to watch other dealers
try to take advantage is ridiculous. Marcin has seen a huge amount of NWA
869 (Not Official) and owns a piece of NWA 904. He reported earlier
yesterday that it is different.

Stan is full of hot air. He is just sore because a dealer manufactured
classification of NWA 1839 was posted to the List and both NAU and UW are
aware of it. That's correct, the latest information posted to the List was
not even a working copy, just something put together to compete against NWA
3133 by an amateur, it crossed way over the line. NWA 1839 was reported as
weighing about 122 grams to the NomCom and as an L7 yet over 500 grams has
been claimed to the List by Stan and at first it he claimed it was paired
with NWA 011, explain this. This is all in the archives so check it out
yourself.

I have no idea why an unofficial stone is being compared to NWA 904. This
argument was settled two years ago, NWA 904 is different from NW 787 which
is assumed paired to NWA 869. I refuse to recognize NWA 869 because it has
never been classified. Do the right thing and send a type specimen in. If
somebody wants to provide me with 20 grams of what everybody agrees is NWA
869 I will send it in and have it studied properly, until then it is an
unclassified stone.

Truthfully

Adam