[meteorite-list] NWA904 Meteorite, Collection in a Slice, MAIN MASS 1, 968g

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 24 16:17:37 2004

Stan,

If you have something official please present it for consideration. The
official weight of NWA 1839 is 122 grams. Regardless of what a Moroccan may
tell you about additional stones, something of this magnitude has to be
tested. If more weight is being claimed for NWA 1839 it should be tested
and claimed in a NomCom approved way. Do not forget that there are other
laboratories working on this besides NAU that have not weighed in the issue
yet. I have seen nothing official in regards to a NWA 1839/3133 pairing. I
have also never seen an updated classification submission. As a matter of
fact, I have never seen a NWA 1839 specimen. With out the facts I make no
assumptions regarding pairings. If in doubt, have it checked out.

Adam