[meteorite-list] RE: Nice Dronino?

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 25 22:19:53 2004

> Has anyone ever tried some of the tried and true iron stabilization
> techniques on Dronino, such as a long bath in an alcohol and NaOH rich
> solution to remove chlorides? On a related subject, I guess that I may not
> really understand the chemistry behind why some meteorites are stable, and
> some are not. Perhaps I will naively ask, "Is it all about chlorides?"

Hi
I just batch my new slices of Dronino in Alcohol,water,NaOH for near 2 weeks
now.
I will take them off in Monday and send for polishing. Then I will see hos
stable they are without any oil etc. I hope this will help.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195
--------[ Member of: Polish Meteoritical Society ]--------