[meteorite-list] they way it should be

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 26 14:34:23 2004

Dear Steve & all,
        You are entirely right.
        Nearly every single person - whether they have been "quacking"
lately or not, is a really, truly good guy. Greg just demonstrated
he is a shining example of this fact. His post was a real example
of courage and honor. Nearly all of us have gotten sucked in at
some time or other.
        NONE of this should be seen as personal - not against the PERSON -
but against the behavior. When anyone begins to quack - and this certainly
includes me - I really do think we should send them 500 individual, off list
reminders. I am not suggesting it be done in an UGLY way - just strait
foreword - "Please deal with the person directly - NOT on the list."
        It is not about the person and it is not about the topic - it is
about name calling, declaring the other person's motives, and just
plain rudeness - and/or, of course, the use of profanity.
        It IS true - they are all friends and will share a drink in Tucson-
the rest of the year, let's all support our brothers by reminding them
OFF LIST when they are posting improperly.
        As Tiny Tim said, "God bless us, everyone!"
        Best wishes, Michael

on 11/26/04 11:11 AM, Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! at steve_arnol60120_at_yahoo.com