[meteorite-list] Epinal and Luce meteorites

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 29 23:20:08 2004

Some time ago I started a thread about "birthday meteorites". None (so far)
have fallen on my birthday, but Anne Black kindly pointed out that Epinal
and Luce had both fallen a day later, and Sept. 12 in Hawaii is Sept. 13 in
France :-) To cut to the chase, does anyone know if any samples of either
of these meteorites are available to the collector? I suspect they are
locked up in a museum somewhere in their entirety, or in some academic
collection to which I would not have access. All the sites I have found so
far seem to discuss them in either French or Italian, in which I am not
proficient. I don't even know where they currently live.

Thanks in advance,
Tracy Latimer