[meteorite-list] Wyoming meteorites

From: Mikestockj_at_aol.com <Mikestockj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 4 20:45:55 2004

Hi Howard
It just so happens that I collect Wyoming meteorites. Well, sort of. This is
because they are so hard to find. I have two in my collection out of 13 Albin
(pallasite) and Waltman. Both of these can be found on the market but I have
rarely seen others for sale. I know that Albin (stone) is in the finder's
hands. I also know that all of Bear Lodge is in a museums hands and they are not
interested in trading.....at least yet any way. Pine Bluffs is in the same boat
with 2.7 kg in a museum collection that does not trade.
Another problem is that some are so small. While Hat Creek was 8.9 kg only
600 g is in collections, Hawk Springs 367 g, Lusk 46 g and Torrington 259 g.
That leaves Silver Crown and Willow Creek both large irons and Clareton a stone
with good distribution in numerous institutions. These you might be able to
trade for.
Of course there is that new one lucky number 13.......Rock Springs, but I'm
not sure if Dave will let any of that one go. If you do decide to let any go
Dave don't forget your bestest meteorite buddy.
So as you can see it will be quite a challange to come up with most of them.
Good Luck!
For any one interested I have a map and list of Wyoming meteorites. Note the
locations on the map (Sorry Dave I don't have yours listed yet).
http://jensenmeteorites.com/States/Wyoming.htm
Mike

Mike Jensen IMCA 4264
Bill Jensen IMCA 2359