[meteorite-list] Buried Treasure - OT with Links that work

From: Norman Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 4 21:50:49 2004

Greg,

Thanks for the great story! ---and for opening the
thread. Coincidentally, I also just returned (this
morning) from a bit of treasure hunting in Hawaii and
found a mystery object that I wanted to ask the
diverse experts on the list about--

My stuff was all modern, but did include a gold ring,
a diamond earring, a sapphire navel stud, a gold
earring, a woman's wrist watch, and a bunch of coins.
But the weirdity was some sort of tracking or bugging
device.

It's a little screw-top cylinder with a plastic dome
showing a microchip and its associated circuitry.
Inside are two hearing-aid batteries. There are no
external contacts. Not visible on the attached photo
is a faint inscription on the circuit board reading
SH002A. Here's a link to the picture:

http://tektitesource.com/pictures/offTopics/BeachBug1.jpg

(you'll have to copy this and past it into your
address line)

Anybody have any ideas??? I'm thinking it would serve
as a great starting place for a novel (for all I know
it's still broadcasting right now and secret agents
are converging on this location----)

Cheers,
Norm Lehrman
http://tektitesource.com

P.S., the metal detector is really for the meteorite
search in Nevada, but so far I've found nothing but
gold nuggets. Oh well, maybe someday----

=== message truncated ===