[meteorite-list] Maybe time to move on....

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Oct 5 08:25:10 2004

If I weren't numb , Dave, I'd be flabbergasted at the beef you have with
the list. Your post shows that you knew the conflict level. I don't
see that you were turned on "at the drop of a hat". I think you've been
tolerated but welcomed a very long time. You tweaked your nose at us
when we raised the point with you that you didn't take advantage of the
Ebay Meteorites List, but posted 3-4 emails for each auction you were
running to the Met Central List. Seems our consensus didn't apply to
you. I personally like you but thought your marketing was
inconsiderate. You started posting auctions to "another" list where you
knew it wasn't allowed. I guess you got the criticism you opened your
self up for-- So why do you whine? You apparently survived longer than
most. I personally stopped criticizing any and all dealers no matter how
intrusive or how matter how annoying. I also have lost my passion for
the list but not the friends I have here. Ironic that you now are
leaving for what you feel is inconsiderate actions towards you.

I am sorry that you are so distressed everywhere I really do, many of
us are. Sorry to see you go, however I am not going to feel guilty,
sympathy, or defend you. Your choice of advertising in the past
apparently has come back to roost when you need it to work the most. I
don't think any one has asked you to leave just be responsible about
your advertising. In the world I live in, we make choices... and we
live with them. These words may come back to bite me in time but it is
how I see it today. So if you want to come back please do-- if you
don't I am sure I/We wish you all the success!

As for moving on I've set an arbitrary 1000 unread messages in my mail
box as a reality review and as the trigger to leave. There are 586
there now.

Sincere Regards,
Elton