[meteorite-list] Introducing NWA 3133, A Fantastic New Meteorite

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Oct 13 17:21:52 2004

Hey John,

You may not be too far off the mark in your speculations. Consider the
fact that Greenwood et al. (2003) have recently re-evaluated the CK
group and found that the mostly equilibrated members of the CK group are
consistent with a metamorphic progression of the CV group. They also
suggest that the few unequilibrated CK members, such as Dhofar 015, do
not exhibit the typical features of CK chondrites, but rather more
closely resemble the oxidized CV3 chondrites. Perhaps this new meteorite
would more appropriately be called a CK7? It should be interesting to
see how further studies deal with it. Kudos to the Hupes for their
conscientous collecting as always.

David