[meteorite-list] Which one came closest?

From: moni waiblinger-seabridge <moni2555_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 15 03:04:04 2004

Hello All,

there are two meteorites close to Sacramento, Bruceville (L6) and Shingle
Springs (Ataxite).
Both are named after the town they were found in or close by.
Both towns are about one hour to one and a half hour away from Sacramento.

Haven't been to either place where they were discovered, one is a farmer's
property and maybe this next June Michael Santos will do a field trip to
Shingle Springs.
The rock hounds/meteorite hunters are hoping! :-)

Still hoping for a meteorite to land in my backyard or fall through my roof
though! :-)

Sternengruss, Moni