[meteorite-list] Which one came closest?

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 15 12:52:27 2004

Jerry wrote:
>Or...perhaps even rarer and maybe even more
>interesting- how many people live in a town
>that was named after a meteorite that was
>found or fell thereabouts?
>Jerry ;-)

Jerry,Doesn't that border on ... How many parents are named after their children? Not even the rock that Kronos swallowed and later threw up (and no doubt eventually came down to Earth accompanied by the thunder from Zeus's lightening bolts) had a name? I guess there's at least Campo del Cielo to contend with as a thought...?
Saludos, Doug