[meteorite-list] Which one came closest?

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 15 15:50:30 2004

One hour drive to the north (95 km) lies H?kmark.
Two pieces of an L4 chondrite were found in 1954, 78.3g and 104.3g.
I haven't spoken with the guy that found it but rumour
has it that he is still living in the area.

And not to forget the Eliastorp yet to be found at 80km
northwest from here. I will never give up!!!!

There is a map over Swedish finds and falls at
http://www.nrm.se/mi/svemet.html.se
Where it is quite obvious that there is a good correlation
between population and meteorite density.
They have to feel alone after so long time in space.

Muonionalusta have four numbers but it's the same meteorite,
only four individuals found during the last 100 years.
13 modern and two fossile meteorites so far.

/G?ran