[meteorite-list] RE: MUNICH - FRIDAY - How to get there & hints.

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 16:25:02 2004

Bavarian brewery. Cant go wrong in a place like that.
"Bavarian" and "Beer" can only go together when you
talk meteorites.
When I suggested a beer getogether a couple days ago I
had always wondered why nobody ever got together in
munich like they do in Tucson and Denver. Hopefully
this will be the start of an annual event. This should
make going to munich more exciting for everybody every
year. Maybe next year blood can get an auction going
like he does in Tucson.
A Big thanks to martin for doing all the planning for
the first annual munich meteorite party. It surely
wouldent have worked out without him.
See you all there. I get into munich thursday and am
staying at the "1st Creatif Hotel Elephant" which is
right at the downtown train station near the tourist
area, hofbraehaus and easyeverything 24 hour internet
cafe. A subway line runs directly from there to the
mineral show. I found the hotel on expedia.ca for
CDN$72 (About 45 Euros). If you go without an hotel
room when you leave the train station turn right and
there are a ton of cheap hotels within a couple
hundred feet of the train station.
I plan on being around the show most of friday and
saturday. Ask Erich Haiderer if you are looking for me
as I will use his table as a base point. I will also
be in munich thursday so if somebody is there early
and needs omebody to drink beer ..errr..I mean talk
meteorites with, email me and let me know.
Cheers
DEAN

http://www.mineralientage.com/1_MM_start/2_Welcome_E/3_01_E_Besucherservice/
> 4_01_2_E_Anfahrt/4_01_2_E_Anfahrt.html
>
> If you leave to the North:
>
> Just turn to your right and follow the street.
> (Paul-Henri-Spaak-Str.)
> After ca. 1km you will cross the large highway and
> after 300m more you will
> enter the village
> "Feldkirchen" (yellow traffic sign).
> Carry on. After 1km, on the left there branches off
> the "Sonnenstrasse".
> Directly there
> we are.
> It's directly behind a yellow hotel, called "Zur
> Sonne".
>
> If you leave the parking places to the South:
>
> Just turn to the left, follow the street
> (De-Gaspari-Bogen), which makes a
> bow. Turn into first possible road to the right,
> then like above.
>

> By bus:
>
> At the fair exit "Messestadt Ost", at the subway
> station, there is the bus
> station.
> Take Bus N° 228 direction "Ismaning".
> Exit the bus at the third station: Feldkirchen
> Münchner Straße. (takes 5
> minutes).
>
> Cross the street, follow the street, it's the main
> street of the village.
> The fifth street, to the left, called
> "Sonnenstrasse" - shortly after you'll
> have passed a yellow Hotel called "Zur Sonne" -
> there you enter the street
> and there we are in the grey brick building.
> It's about 500m to walk.
>
> You may exit also the bus one station later,
> "Feldkirchen" (6min) - train
> symbol in plan2 - and follow the instruction "by
> S-Bahn" (suburban railway).
>
> As ticket you have to choose from the vending
> machine: "Kurzstrecke".
> Costs 1.10 Euro.
> If you have a "Streifenkarte" see below, use one
> stripe.
>
> The bus leaves every 20 minutes from xx:17 hrs
> (18:17, 18:37,...)
> Last bus leaves at 19:37 hrs.
>

> With S-Bahn (suburban railway)
>
> For those, who want to get back first in their
> hotels in the city center to
> rest a while after the show, the place is easy
> reachable by S-Bahn.
> Follow the green signs with "S".
> Choose line number "S6" direction "Erding".
> Exit at station "Feldkirchen".
> Marked with the railway symbol in plan2.
> Just follow the street "Sonnenstrasse" until its
> end. Left is Fliegerbräu,
> slightly less than 500m to walk.
> Number "S6" is leaving every 20 minutes.
> >From Munich Central Station for example it takes 20
> minutes to
> "Feldkirchen", faster than by car.
> Last train from Feldkirchen (direction "Tutzing")
> leaves at 0:09 hrs
> (another one at 2:09, but the restaurant will close
> at 1:00).

=== message truncated ===