[meteorite-list] RE: Meteorites Donated to Planetarium

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 20:45:05 2004

Mark posted:

>Yes Patrick Moore is a great character, and is in his 80's now but still
>very with it! He is currently working with the queen Guitarist Brian May
>on a book (Brian being a keen astronomer!).

That's the stuff! One of my favorite guitarists. I guess Sir Patrick
can still rock out with the best of them.

>The South Downs Planetarium is in Chichester in west Sussex, which is on
>the south coast of England.

Thanks for the info. I shall have to visit next time I am "home," and
see the collection.

May I suggest that you ask the planetarium to do a piece on your
generous donation for their "News and Events" page?

http://www.southdowns.org.uk/sdpt/news.htm

A news piece about the new meteorite collection would be a heck of
lot more interesting than the piece they have up there now about
their car park extension : )

Best wishes,

Geoff N.
(who grew up on the South Downs)