[meteorite-list] crusted tatahouine picture

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Oct 24 17:07:45 2004

In a message dated 10/24/2004 7:29:54 AM Mountain Standard Time,
dgweir_at_earthlink.net writes:
I saved a picture of a fusion crusted tatahouine piece some time ago,
but I don't remember the source (Anne?). I was pretty excited to see
some significant patches of brownish crust which I never even knew
existed. I know the piece is quite large, but I didn't record the
weight.

No, not mine, but I wish it was.
Maybe it was one of Alain Carion's. We both have a large selection of
Tatahouine pieces.

And I agree, it is an amazing meteorite, and full of surprises. Everytime I
look at a piece with a loupe I find odd "things": black inclusions,
micro-shattercone lines, tiny flakes of crust......
Still my favorite meteorite.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com