Fw: [meteorite-list] Meteorite postcards

From: Mikestockj_at_aol.com <Mikestockj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Oct 27 10:52:31 2004

Sorry if you received this one already.

Hi Jose
Actually several meteorites have been shown on postcards. I went through mine
(125 cards) and my brothers (200 cards) collections. Here are the ones I
found including;

Published before 1995
1 Cape York "Ahnighto" several different
2 Willamette several different...this is probably the first meteorite on a
post card. Bill has two different cards cancelled on 1908.
3 Navajo by Chicago FM
4 Springwater by Am Met Mus & ASU
5 Brenham several
6 Canyon Diablo several
7 Red River by Peabody
8 Allende by ASU
9 pseudo meteorite Ridgley County Maryland
10 several unidentified from photos inside museums including Am Met Mus and a
German Museum.

Published after 1995
1 NWA 482 from Jim Strope two types
2 NWA 998 from Jim Strope two types
3 all from Mark Bostick NWA 869, Gold Basin, Park Forest, NWA 998,
Millbillillie, Bilanga and Wichita
4 Ghubara by D Pitt
5 Gibeon by D Pitt
6 Esquel by French museum
7 Hoba (I don't have this one..anyone with some extras?)
8 Cool set published by TCU (I don't have a set yet)
9 I'm sure there are lots more. Any one know of any others? Any for sale???

Mike

Mike Jensen IMCA 4264
Bill Jensen IMCA 2359
Jensen Meteorites