[meteorite-list] Bush-b-gone???

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 4 19:05:12 2004

OK Ken my sincere apology to you. None of the forecasts consider the Hurricane reversing E-W direction, and I wasn't as attentive to detail as I could have been with your wording because of the personal stake and that what you suggested seems as likely at the moment as a meteor going backwards.

To understand the "Huh" from my point of view, look at the current envelope for the storm:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W+GIF/042108W.gif
Luckily for you and Greg and anyone else on the west coast of Florida there are no hurricane warnings there, nor is any hurricane expected. And the way I interpret this is the best to hope for is that the storm gets it over with by heading straight for land right where it is at and stop stormenting those unfortunate in the region. Because if it goes anywhere else in the envelope, especially north, odds are it will gain more force rather than loose it over land.

I am just very scared at the moment for someone in particular, sensitive about "it going north" and I think reality is that practically any plausible push to the NW, N, or NE direction will send it to the Cape, which is basically the forecast's NE limit, with sustained winds gaining probably force over the water. Because the hurricane would probably need a miracle to reverse prevailing direction on a dime, like a space probe or a Spanish galleon alike trying that maneuver, a push in the NE radial direction would trash the areas I mentioned.You on the other hand clearly explain your wishful thinking so now I'm there wishing with you. Sorry to those not affected by this, but the worst day of my life was due to a category 5 storm and it is too soon to repeat that in my lifetime, it was no party when it really happened, and I was one of the happy fools who wanted a hurricane party at the time. So at the moment, no sleep and I hope I am not needed in Florida, but I really wish someone could be beside everyone
who really needs company in the real disaster zone.
Saludos Doug