[meteorite-list] Ramblings

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Sep 5 14:56:18 2004

Dear list and all attached,

First, thank you Mike for your concern. Yes, the eye of the hurricane is
just about over us here in Lakeland as I type. So far I still have power but
it has been flicking on and off for hours now. I do see a neighbors roof to
their carport blown off behind me but that is all I can see from inside the
house. To make this "meteorite" related, my meteorites are still dry.

Now, on to replying to Mike's post:
Mike writes-
> > By the way
> > How is the "we aren't dealers" spiel still working out?
> > and the adventure stories about a couple of guys who have been on 3
> > meteorites hunts? You would think by reading the articles you have
> generated
> > that you and Greg are Indiana Jones's but show your passports and you
have
> > been to Africa what, 2 times? 3 maybe? Still, you are doing a good job
of
> > hyping yourselves, I myself could'nt handle so much self congratulating.

Mike, I was in Morocco for two weeks the same time you were in Australia.
You are not the only one who likes to travel and travel often. We just don't
put ourselves on the pedistal about every trip or plant our faces in front
of a camera on Bourbon Street while there. No need to show passports as just
about everyone we know is very aware of how much we travel, no
self-congratulating needed, just plain hard, honest work (and the adventure
is fun too!)

Mike, why don't you take all of your nervous energy and write about your
adventures. I am sure people would like to read them in Meteorite! instead
of your typical unprofessional manner here. Take a long hard look in the
mirror and ask yourself why you are really pissed off at the world. Honest
competition is a good thing, embrace it or be run over by it. You should
worry less about others and more about yourself, you may do better.

Best regards,

Greg "Indiana Jones" Hupe - no disrespect to Harrison Ford ;-)