[meteorite-list] VCI + membranebox

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Sep 5 20:56:15 2004

Dear Greg, List;
Instead of twisted paper, the local "buy it all here" type of store has
cotton balls for next to nothing. If one or two cotton balls in a box
isn't enough, they sell them in the large bag full.
For a very inexpensive display box, the same notable store types sell
plastic sectioned boxes with see through lids for a few bucks. Get one
and load it with cotton balls and put the meteorites in the little nests
of cotton balls. My favorite is in the 2 inch by two inch square
section size, boxes have around 24 or more sectioned areas, there's
display for two dozen smaller meteorites...
Not as classy, but very affordable for the beginning collector.......or
the new seller of meteorites who needs a less expensive display case as
one tests the stormy waters of meteorite sales. Specimen can be placed
in a reiker mount box when it is sold at point of sale, or let the buyer
get a reiker mount box from you too!
Lots of crabby folks sitting round for the last three day weekend of the
summer, I'd say.
Gunshow Dave Freeman