[meteorite-list] This is about Meteorites!

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 6 17:28:18 2004

In addition to Peter?s own pics here is a link to a photo
of the famous Hraschina meteorite, from the museum?s website:

http://www.nhm-wien.ac.at/NHM/Mineral/pic/11HRASCH.htm

I have been there only a few weeks ago and will return in
February next year. What a museum, and what a display - just
amazing (..and not only with meteorites)! The "Naturhistorisches
Museum Wien", built 1871 - 1889 by Gottfried Semper and Carl
Hasenauer in the neo renaissance style is one of the big five
natural history museums in the world, and houses one of the
most famous meteorite collections worldwide, with almost
1000 meteorite specimen on display in hall V.

A "MUST VISIT!" in every respect.

Alex
Berlin/Germany
(...well, our own here in Berlin also is well worth a visit! :-))