[meteorite-list] Pasamonte magnetism

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Sep 7 01:35:04 2004

Dear MexicoDoug, and all;
I see the phrase "...man is it magnetic" used below. I find that most
folks use "magnetic" in meaning the rock is attracted to a magnet...and
that is a non correct use of the word. A magnet is magnetic, as is
natural lode stone. Car engine blocks although made of iron, are not
magnetic. Hematite, magnetite (except for lode stone), and banded iron
formation (iron ore) are not magnetic.
Could you clarify the use of "man is it magnetic"?

Magnetic personality,
Dave F.