[meteorite-list] NWA 1110 issues

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 9 00:20:05 2004

is there really any need for this?

let's be realistic here for a moment.
sure an nwa number is assigned to specific fragments you reported - but if
the same EXTRAORDINARILY rare material is comming out of the same location,
being purchased from the same nomads (either by you, Habibi, or the French)
- then assigning each parcel that a dealer gets a new nwa number seems
nothing more than down right silly. all this serves to do is keep TKW's down
via artifical means...

look at the TKW of nwa1929. what is it, 900g? whats the REAL tkw, 15kg or
so?

if you bought a big allende from the field tomorrow are you going to send it
in as a possibly paired, new find and ask it to be assigned the name
allende(x)?