[meteorite-list] Etching Compounds

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 10 15:55:29 2004

Hello List,

This topic reminds me of the "Magic Cleaning Potion" we purchased from a
hippie at the Denver show last year. We figured it was a combination of
acids after accidentally reverse etching some Tazas with it. He was right
this potion was capable of cleaning things. Not only did it etch our Tazas
from the outside-in giving them a 3D appearance, it disintegrated a 2'
square hole in our driveway after eating through a seam in a tin bucket. We
can hardly wait to give this dude a piece of our mind this year as this
potion gassed us out of our shop with a noxious brown cloud and damaged a
bucket, ~ 400 grams of Tazas and our driveway. Be careful when using any
type of acids to etch or clean with.

All the best,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection