[meteorite-list] Stardust parachute reliability?

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 13 14:14:53 2004

> Something else I am wondering about with regard to the Genesis impact
> is the reliability of the Stardust sample return parachute which will
> deploy in January of 2006 over the same stretch of land.

Hi guys,

I'm just back from vacation. Last year when I was on vacation, the Park Forest
meteorite fall occurred. This year, Genesis crashes to the ground.

We'll have to wait to see what the Genesis investigation turns up. We have the
Genesis spacecraft - the cause of the parachute deploy failure will be determined.

Ron Baalke