[meteorite-list] Meteorite Histories

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Sep 14 10:05:19 2004

Hi,

Good idea about advising new customers about record keeping, most
important that.

I give every specimen in my collection a unique number, this is entered
into a logbook, along with basic info (name, type, weight etc). I put a
label with or on each sample with It's number. The original cards that
came with the sample are all kept in a file (and the number is written
on the back)

 The idea being, that if I got kidnapped by aliens or something, someone
could pick up my collection and put the appropriate cards with each
specimen! (I couldn't rely on my family, they wouldn't know where to
start!)

Best
Mark