[meteorite-list] RE: NWA 869

From: Christian Anger <christian.anger_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 15 14:50:13 2004

Hi Bernd, Maria and all the other 869-er loving collectors,

NWA 869 ist one of the most beautiful meteorites for me. That means
the interior of that meteorite. It has so many different inclusions
and surprises in it.

I want to share with you my favourite pieces of NWA 869 in my collection:

One endcut, 1010 grams , 180 x 130 mm with a "stone in the stone", that's
what I call the big inclusion 50 x 40 mm.

http://www.austromet.com/collection/NWA869_ec01.jpg

One big full slice, 904 grams, 185 x 165 mm with many dark inclusions.

http://www.austromet.com/collection/NWA869_slc01.jpg

and both pieces for comparison

http://www.austromet.com/collection/NWA869_combi.jpg

enjoy,