[meteorite-list] metal-rich diogenite vs mesosiderite-C

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 17 19:27:45 2004

Joern and David,

In my first inquiry this week I mentioned NWA 1882 (not 1982 that Joern and David touched on) as being the same material. It is my belief that NWA 1882 is the same material as NWA 1827/1879. Stefan Ralew, who sold 1882 to me, also believes it to be the same. NWA 1882 was not classified MES C per say, and I've read/heard no mention of it being the same material officially, though there is mention in the latest bulletin that TKW was now over 22 kilos for the MES C finds.

So we may eventually end up with the MES C material from NWA to include 1827, 1879, 1882(maybe) and 1982 (maybe). In any case I think it is one of the nicest meteorites I have. Here is Stefan's site for the NWA 1882 material. At $8/g...you will be hard pressed to find a nicer meteorite. Even his pictures don't do it justice.

http://www.meteoriten.com/stonyirons.html

Enjoy,

John

-------------- Original message from David Weir : --------------