[meteorite-list] NWA 1882

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 18 04:26:33 2004

> In any case I think it is one of the nicest meteorites I have. Here
> is Stefan's site for the NWA 1882 material. At $8/g you will be hard
> pressed to find a nicer meteorite. Even his pictures don't do it justice.

> http://www.meteoriten.com/stonyirons.html

Hello All!

I concur - Stefan's NWA 1882 is so very nice that I felt
I had to acquire not one but 3 of them some months ago :-)

a) 3.56-gram trapezoidal slice with a little bit of fusion crust
b) 21.89 grams with a large FeNi metal pocket (0.6 mm x 0.4 mm)
c) an 8.4-gram pentagonal slice (with an extremely metal-rich
   iron nodule)

Bernd