[meteorite-list] How is the Denver show going.... ?

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Sep 19 13:11:29 2004

Dear List;
Preliminary report....just got in at midnight after 800 mile drive
yesterday.

Show was magnificent! I was able to see a few of my meteorite friends,
show was so busy that didn't have time to see all, or spend much time
searching.
Anne and Fred were having a great time as were Blaine and Blake Reed.
ET Meteorites was a great place for me to get some great deals too.
Lots of Nantans and campo's at other world dealers, all descriptions all
the way down to small tumbled and polished campo specimens in the 15
gram range that most dealers seemed to have in large tupperware boxes.
 I even got one specimen! One dealer had a 70 pound really nice solid
condition campo for $90. It was very massive, and would have made a
great show piece.
I met my good friend Walter Wright, famous paleobotanist, also was
thrilled to meet Mr. Bakker, the famous dinosaur gentleman, he noted
that the late J. David Love will have a raptor dinosaur named after him
in the near future. Also, Medicine Bow Wyoming will have a new
dinosaur museum, as it is very near Como Bluffs. I will have a nice
slice of my famous anorthosite (quote David Love, "its like looking at
the moon") at the museum for display.
All considered, the show was very good, some high prices, and some
bargains, never enough time and never enough money.
I see some of the Glorietta Mtn. slices were magnificent that Marvin
Kilgore has. Very pretty!
So, that is my shot at reporting. Temp there yesterday was 90 degrees,
today high is expected to be 76 or so, high tomorrow not even 50. Rock
Springs, tomorrow snow and 43!
Very best,
Dave Freeman (who missed Notkin and others)