[meteorite-list] NWA 869 Inclusions - achondritic ?

From: Christian Anger <christian.anger_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Sep 19 16:06:24 2004

Hi Maria, Bernd and 869er enthusiasts !

I put pics of another slice of my collection on my homepage.

It is a super high polished full slice 235g, 105x88 mm.

It has many DIFFERENT inclusions.

I made a smaller version of the pic for an overview:

http://www.austromet.com/collection/NWA869_235g_SMALL.jpg

a detailed view of the whole slice (3.7 MB) is at

http://www.austromet.com/collection/NWA869_235g_BIG.jpg

Then I tried my best holding the Digicam's objective
on the microscope eyepiece and zoomed out details
of the big grey inclusion in the lower middle of the slice

magnification 16x

http://www.austromet.com/collection/NWA869_235g_closeup_01.jpg

more closeup pic magnification 32x

http://www.austromet.com/collection/NWA869_235g_closeup_02.jpg

It has a barred structure like basalt - looks achondritic - is it ????

Any comments ?

Cheers,

Christian

IMCA #2673