[meteorite-list] NWA 869 inclusions - achondritic ?

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Sep 19 17:40:29 2004

Christian wrote:

> Then I tried my best holding the Digicam's objective
> on the microscope eyepiece and zoomed out details of
> the big grey inclusion in the lower middle of the slice

magnification 16x

http://www.austromet.com/collection/NWA869_235g_closeup_01.jpg

more closeup pic magnification 32x

http://www.austromet.com/collection/NWA869_235g_closeup_02.jpg

It has a barred structure like basalt - looks achondritic - is it ?

For heaven's sake, this d o e s look like eucritic
plagioclase laths / needles! Whadda meteorite !!!

I will have to take close-up pics of my mottled gray inclusions - next weekend
maybe, ... no that's my daughter's 36th birthday, ... boy, I am growing old and
older :-( ... ;-)

Anyway, Bob King sent me an email with one of his favorite NWA 869 pieces
and wrote: "One I received from Dean has a perfect little patch of what has
to be L3 chondrules". When I saw those perfect chondrules, they almost knocked
my socks off.

Best wishes,

Bernd