[meteorite-list] Meteorite Giveaway...

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 20 04:09:26 2004

Hi Steve and List

I don't know if you have heard, but a bunch of us UK collectors,
recently got together and started, 'The British and Irish Meteorite
Society'. (www.bimsociety.org). - So far we have 10 members.

At the moment we are in the process of donating some meteorites to The
Southdowns Planetarium, in Chichester (England). Sir Patrick Moore (The
famous Astronomer) has agreed to receive them from us, and hopefully
through this we will be able to get some much needed publicity for the
society and the Planetarium. Kids (& adults) from all over the country
go to the planetarium for lectures and we feel this is an ideal place to
have some material on display!

We already have a few reasonable specimens, sourced from our own
collections!, but if you or anyone else out there has any spare
meteorites they would be gratefully received!

(I can cover postage if needed)...

Very Best

Mark Ford

Imca #1388