[meteorite-list] Mysterious Boom Shakes South Carolina Homes

From: VeIocity_at_aol.com <VeIocity_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 22 13:53:47 2004

I'm surprised that nobody in South Carolina offered a seismic explanation for the booming and house-rattling. It's not widely publicized, but South Carolina is the most likely site in the country for a catastrophic earthquake (forget California). Charleston has been flattened a couple of times in the last 200 years by big quakes, and the Seismic Survey has determined that there's sufficient tectonic stress right now for another really big one.