[meteorite-list] Sale - Howardite Blow Out

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 23 19:44:49 2004

> Ken, indeed, there may be other pieces, but since Adam and Jeff Grossman
> made it extremely clear last week that like the 1068 and 1110 meteorites,
> the name can only be used for my original piece 922 grams.
> Anything thought to be paired needs to be classified and given a new
number
> and perhaps listed at paired with 1929.
> I did not participate in last week's discussion, but I am now mad that the
> same people who fought so hard, are doing exactly what they fought
against.
> Mike Farmer

I agree, but world is not perfect.
I want to say about another side of mirror in this case from my point of
view. This is also the main reason why people sell METxx as MET01 in my
opinion.

I can buy NWA1110 , NWA1877, Amgala, NWA1929, and what You want from
Morocco...... but
for now I not find anyone who can classify my meteorites. I search in UCLA,
I asked f.e. Dr. Greshake, Dr. Bischoff, M Grady and few other scientist.
Never received any answer, opinion if YES, NOT or not possible at this time.
And ofcourse I know, noone will play with L6 or H5, so I not asking for
that. Maybe I asking wrong questions to wrong people, dont know.

Second problem, I cant buy hundreds grams of Hovie or few grams of mars,
spend thousands of $$ and then waiting 6 months maybe for classification and
maybe year for number. Its impossible. This everything take too long. I
submited in may to Meteoritical Bulletin L3 S1/W1, my first submited
meteorite. OK it have ID 90 and still on Tracking page no info when someone
will check this if this data is correct ! So I not expect to receive number
in this year ! Its only small L3 with TKW 111g, but I know that there is few
kilo of the same material. So when I will buy another grams from the same
morocco dealer what I should to do ? Make the whole process from begining ?
Never :)

OK You can now tell me to go play with minerals or open shop with clothes or
meteorites.
So someone for who is importand to have X grams from XXX grams TKW, he can
buy it on TKW owner for XX$. Others, can buy from other sources as "paired"
for usualy only X$. But anyway, when someone CAN buy howardite for around
20$/g or less, then excuse me, but he should be extremely happy!!!! For me
alvays Howie was the same rare material as lunars, marses and now ? Hovie
for 20$/g wooooooowwwwww.

This is not fair maybe, but the whole situation with NWA is not fair, begin
from finding specimens and end on sale.
As Martin say, go buy well documented Dhofars if this is more importand for
You than look of purchased specimens.
Its alvays trust to dealer that his honesty that he know what he is selling.
I never checked any of my private collection specimens from what piece they
come or if they are authentic. I much more like the look of specimens all
this details and differences etc. At last all pieces are meteorites.

This was My point of view. Maybe not right or "popular", but at last my
private statement

CU You all in monday again, have good weekend

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195
--------[ Member of: Polish Meteoritical Society ]--------