[meteorite-list] NomCom & IMCA, and "Triple M Pecans"

From: ken newton <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 24 08:21:52 2004

Doug,
IMCA supports the NomCom's guidelines. I'm not really sure
what you are suggesting IMCA step up and do?

IMCA has been quick to respond to complaints concerning members.
Complaints are also handled as discreetly as possible.
IMCA is not "mute." I hope you see the pitfalls of dealing with
 non members in public? Also, if someone wanted
your viewpoint, would you want them to address you directly or have
them speak loudly at a third party hoping you would overhear the inquiry?
IMCA inquiries are probably easier to recognize as inquiries when
directed to IMCA rather than to third parties.

IMCA is not "hiding." Membership dues have provided a List for
 IMCA business, Directors can be contacted at their email addresses
 or questions_at_imca.cc or suggestions@imca.cc Suggestions from
 members continue to be encouraged. The organization is all volunteer.
 No one is paid. Dues support a very soon to be legal entity with By-Laws,
 committees, etc. We agree that IMCA has incredible potential.
(Note: All the directors have paid their dues as well as donate their
time!)

IMCA appreciates positive input of its members. No stones please :>)
But if you must, please throw them in IMCA's territory. (IMCA List)

Thanks,
ken