[Fwd: [meteorite-list] Helt Township???]

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 25 01:04:53 2004

Hi, Everybody,

    I'm forwarding this explanation for the "Vermillion" meteorite, from an
authoritive source. It was a meteorite, sure enough, just didn't fall in
Indiana! Obviously, someone must have drug a Canyon Diablo back to Indiana.
Was it an intentional fraud? Or did the story just fuzz up over the years
until an Arizona souvenir was believed to have fallen on the farm itself? Is
this more a question for the folklorist than the meteoriticist?
    The LOUISVILLE (Kentucky) meteorite (Fall, January 31, 1977) was a
car-bonker, the third reported US car-bonker, I believe.

Sterling K. Webb