[meteorite-list] NPA 02-26-1941: Nebraska Meteorite Sound to Nininger (Potter?)

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 25 17:13:23 2004

Dear Mark and List,
    This is indeed about the Potter meteorite. Cecil
Mckinney was my Great Great Grandfather. Both of the
finders are now deceased. When I was 6-7 my GG
grandfather gave me my first meteorite. The
meteorite was in fact sold to Dr. Nininger but for .40
cents per pound (I have seen the original bill of
sale).
Glen Huss later purchased the remainder of the
meteorite and shortly after Owasca and Oliver
meteorites appeared. Potter is a brecciated L6 with
L5 componets. The original fall site is surrounded by
an Indian campsite (with stone hammers found within
the site. I am sure that the Indians were the first
to find it.
    If anyone is interested in this historic meteorite
I have some for sale. Sincerely, Dirk Ross...Tokyo