[meteorite-list] EBay Parnallee ad - 39g of it

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 27 16:07:07 2004

Entropy Dave wrote:

> As I advised earlier, here is a link to a sizeable
> chunk of Parnallee on eBay if anyone is interested

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2273122681

Martin responded:

> Who could dislike such a low startprice for Parnallee???

This is one gorgeous chunk of Parnallee for sure. Look at that crisp
fusion crust, look at those large chondrules, especially the very large,
dark inclusion/chondrule (?) right under the BM number!

I own a 11.9-gram slice of Parnallee that I purchased from David New
back in 1989 and it was $145 *then*. This would correspond to about
$462 nowadays *if* 1989 prices were still valid, which they aren't.

Anyway whoever gets this beauty, congrats in advance. Let's hope
it ends up in "good hands" and will not be "mutilated" by cutting
it !!!

Best wishes,

Bernd