[meteorite-list] FS vessiculated dho 700 and other achonderites

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 29 11:46:17 2004

As many people suggested I offer any material tothe list before putting it
up on ebay the last time I had asked about selling on ebay - I plan on
offering the following:

2.0g Dhofar 700 vessicualted individual. This is the coolest stuff since
ibitira - although the grain size of this material is signifigantly larger
than that of ibitira - large grain size and gas vessicals dont seem to make
sense - but there they are - plain as day.

5.4g Tatahouine - this small piece of tatahouine has the largest patch of
fusion crust I have ever seen on this particular meteorite - an area of
about 4x9mm - and even has some flow lines (although you need either a loupe
or good eyes to see them)

4.1g cut fragment of a new polymict ureilite - this piece poped off when I
was taking a slice off of a much larger mass. The stuff is a BEAR to polish
- diamond content is nearly 2% and you can see the black viens of
carbonaceous material standing up in relief against the matrix under
magnification - thanks to the high carbon content. I will have a number on
this stuff shortly and will pass it on to the buyer - if there is any
question of the classification of the stone - just take it to a piece of
1000 grit sandpaper - when you sand downt he sand paper and leave the cut
surface untouched any doubt will instantly vanish :)

If these go on ebay they will go as a 1$ nr auction - but I'll accept
reasonable offers till then. If I get decent response to this offering or on
ebay I'll continue to offer cutting fragemnts and older small specimins form
my collection for sale..

Email me for photos or more info

TIA