[meteorite-list] Clarification

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 1 13:16:56 2005

Sifting through the nonsense of the list can be difficult, indeed.
On March 31 there was a post claiming the finding of a piece of
the Chassigny fall over 3Kg. That was immediately followed by
OTHERS pointing out the tradition of "April Fools Day."
        However, there was no confirmation or denial by the original
poster. Furthermore, the post was on March 31, not April 1.....
        So, what the hell is the deal? Is this find real or BS by someone
thinking it is "funny" to make such claims.
        Now I wonder if 100% of the responses to this post will be by
know-nothings who merely speculate. I can speculate. You can
speculate. Anyone can speculate. To those so inclined: that would
be of no help, whatsoever.
        Some things are funny. In fact, many things are funny. I do
not, personally, find a claim to the finding of over 3 Kg of Chassigny
humorous in the least. I take my Chassigny very seriously.
        I wrote the original sender of the post off list yesterday and
have received no response. So, Pierre-Marie Pele , please post to the
list clarifying your claim. Was it a "joke?" If not, has the material been
tested? What's the real poop?
        Michael

--
"You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are."
     -Herb Cohen