[meteorite-list] Allende inclusion help!!!

From: McCartney Taylor <mccartney_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 3 14:12:02 2005

LOL. Thats my ebay ad!

The dark inclusion is refered to by Smithsonian's "The Allende,
Mexico meteor Shower", (Smithsonian Contributions to Earth
Sciences -1970 no5 - They even show one on page 32) as a "Dark
Inclusion". Yep, them Yankee scientists get awefully technical.

In the booklet, they show the composition of the Dark inclusion as
showing higher than average FeO, and NiS. And half the average
FeS. Still, I have no idea what the real mineralogy is...

All I know is I recovered it on my 2002 expedition to Chihuahua.

-mt

--
McCartneyTaylor, IMCA 2760