[meteorite-list] "Chassigny missing mass"

From: Sabine Valange <sabine.valange_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 4 02:30:56 2005

Hello List,

Here is a message from Zelimir Gabelica that apparently can not send from
his computer.
Best wishes,
Sabine

---
Hi Pierre-Marie, Michael, list,
Yes, we all here appreciated Pierre's April fool about Chassigny.
I also felt very very concerned for a fraction of a second....because (and
here Pierre is right again), with a friend here in Mulhouse, we had the same
idea, thus that some 4+ kg of Chassigny (missing mass) could stay hidden within
some attic in the Chassigny village or nearby.
We also had the same idea to start a search...since 1998!
It happens that my friend has close parents in that area and we then go there
at least 2 times a year for inquiries (Chassigny is about 200 km distant from
Mulhouse), while the local inhabitants have been alerted for our search
through various posters, anouncements and...rumor.
Even the Mayor of Chassigny (who happened to become a friend of mine as we
plan to have some joint meteorite-venture with Ensisheim) knows about our
quest, is feeling concerned and offered us his best help.
However since then...just nothing!
No response, not a single micro fragment, from any side.
We don't stop our search as "one never knows"....but chances are seriously
decreasing since 7 years of our constant search to get the "Holly Grail"....
with a consequent possible Chassigny market bankrupt in case of a
success???...
(hey, this could be a nice consideration for Michael to speculate in his
next "Market trends" in "Meteorite Times" ?)
However this must not discourage you and I believe everybody can start the same
kind of search so just...good luck!!
And we can help you by giving you our numerous tips, patiently collected over
the years...but only the day we decide to give up and stop definitely our
search!
This story is definitely NOT an April fool, just facts.
Cheers to everybody,
Zelimir
Selon Pel? Pierre-Marie <pierremariepele_at_yahoo.fr>:

>> > Hello to the List,
>> >
>> > Sorry that Michael took this news as an important one
>> > and not a (possible) joke on this day before looking
>> > at the date of post.
>> >
>> > Proof that I posted it on April 1st is that it appears
>> > on April meteorite-list archive (Fri Apr 1 00:54:29
>> > EST 2005) (and it was April 1st in France)...
>> >
>> > I think that most of you, the List members, found it
>> > was a joke and have the sense of humour ; I received
>> > some emails in that way.
>> >
>> > I apologize if I've hurt anyone with my April fool...
>> >
>> > Anyway, it's always interesting to learn that about
>> > 4kg of Chassigny stones may sleep in an attic, and I'm
>> > serious when I say this. It could be a great idea to
>> > do some search in the Chassigny village.
>> >
>> > Best regards and the finding of this remain stone will
>> > be the dream and Holly Grail of every meteorite hunter
>> > for sure.
>> >
>> > Pierre-Marie PELE
>> > www.meteor-center.com
Dr Sabine Valange
Laboratoire de Catalyse en Chimie Organique (LACCO), ESIP
40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau
F-86022 POITIERS Cedex, FRANCE
Tel : +33 (0)5 49 45 40 48
Fax : +33 (0)5 49 45 33 49
E-mail : sabine.valange_at_univ-poitiers.fr