[meteorite-list] Ebay scam emails from my auctions

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 6 17:48:22 2005

Hi everyone
A warning here, all the bidders on my recent achondrite and CO3.1 seem to be
getting fake emails today, telling them that the items are available for a
lesser price than the selling price.
These emails are not from me, and they don't even pretend to be, but they
ask the buyer to send them money.
Please be careful about any such emails and scams, use your head, if the
emails don't come from the seller, something is not right and alarms should
be going off in your head.
They have been reported to eBay, but I assume that other people will get the
same scam for high $$$ items.
Be careful.
Mike Farmer