[meteorite-list] Rocks From Space Picture of the Day - April 7, 2005

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 7 14:48:35 2005

Hello Jeff, Michael, and List,

Thanks to Michael for posting these images and giving
us all an opportunity to see them and to discuss them.

And thanks to Jeff for sharing with us his great
webpage with those excellent images and the
well-thought explanation.

   In an article I wrote 2 years ago, I attempted to
explain why a similar feature that I found on an
oriented Glorieta Mountain iron had to be formed
during its fall. An image of that Glorieta Mountain
iron with an impact crater can be seen here:

http://www.meteoritetimes.com/Back_Links/2003/January/Bob's_Findings.htm

I wonder if there have been "impact craters" found on
any other iron meteorites?

Bob V.