[meteorite-list] Thin Section Book

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 8 18:32:35 2005

Hi all,
        Marvin Killgore's photographic book on meteorite thin sections
arrived in today's mail: A COLOR ATLAS OF METEORITES IN THIN SECTION.
        It has 4 to 6 photos of 75 different meteorite types (IE L1.1, L3.2,
LL4, H5, R, EH, etc.)
        The photos are superb.
        This is ALMOST the text I have been waiting for for years. It does
NOT include an introduction and overview of diagnosing the composition
of meteorites via cross polarized analysis - exactly - though much in that
regard can be gleaned from what is written. It is, essentially, a
photographic overview of ALL stone meteorite types in thin section.
I consider it a mind boggling masterpiece of superb quality.
        While I "pre-ordered" the book, and got one of the very first
delivered, the books are now done and in transit to Marvin & Kitty's.
Anyone who wants one (I can't imagine a thin section collector that
could live without this text) can order it for $98 +$6 shipping in the
US or $10 shipping over seas.
        (I in no way benefit from sales - it is just something I think all
TS aficionados will be thrilled to have).
        Best wishes, Michael