[meteorite-list] In defence of IMCA ISSUES

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 10 14:14:29 2005

Dear Michael;
Consider what would happen if you had a mess going on. Would you want a
whole bunch of private things being broadcast all over the front page of
the meteorite community?
You have been accused of some less than glorious events in your past
and I doubt that you would relish the broadcasting of that all over the
internet.
Before you bitch too much about steve's issues, please ponder what it
would be like to have skeletons from closets being dumped on to the
world of meteorite collectors.
I highly respect the posture of the IMCA not releasing a pile of
personal issues about this action.
I think you should respect the decision in realizing they are honest
people and accept that fact. Nondisclosure of private issues in in my
opinion, is commendable. If steve wanted you to know all of the
details, I am quite sure he would tell you too. Think about that.
 Maybe there are many that do not want you, or others to know these
private issues.
Again, there are issues that all of us have that are better off not
disclosed to the whole meteorite central list or the collectors list or
the IMCA general membership.
Get off the soap box.
Dave Freeman