[meteorite-list] Re: Oman Meteorite Hunters

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 13 19:50:08 2005

Dear Listees:

I would like to second John Gwilliam's advice, posted this morning,
regarding Oman. We have it on the strongest authority that anyone
considering a trip to Oman for the purposes of meteorite hunting -- now
or in the near future -- should cancel their plans immediately.

This is not an April Fool's or an attempt to mislead anyone or withhold
information. There is a serious situation going on in Oman at the
moment, and for reasons that we can't go into just now, John and I ask
you all to PLEASE KEEP THIS TOPIC OFF-LIST for the present. There are
some things more important than curiosity.

As soon as possible, John will post additional information and, once
that has happened, I think you will all agree that we've been trying to
do the right thing.

We hope this matter will be resolved very shortly, and in the meantime
we thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Geoff N.