[meteorite-list] Impact melted specimens or re-heated ?

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Apr 16 19:59:40 2005

In my humble opinion some Moraskos suffered some shock from the impact.
One can see it sometimes at he Neumann lines (a toast for the king of
Neumanns: Pilski"),
which in some specimens are twisted or jolted. Once we had a true shrapnel,
so that perhaps with the impactors of the different sices, all features of
shock and explosion may be found.
Also among Canyon Diablos you will find specimens, where the Thomson
structures* are more or less erased.
>From Gibeon we saw also examples, where the Thomson structures partially
were worn, same in a few Henburies, I know of.

*Marcin, Marcin, we must call the Thomsons now to be politically correct and
bad news for you as a patriot, if you're not a brave boy they will probably
take the Copernicus from the System, as there was an islamic savant long
time before....

Buckleboo
Martin