[meteorite-list] Toluca ID help please

From: Jack Schrader <schradermkv_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 18 21:19:14 2005

Hello list members,
     I have a Toluca iron with some old painted lettering on it and I wonder
if anyone can help me find out the background of this meteorite from the old
paint. Kind of like the Monnig numbers but not the same though. The
lettering is nicely done in yellow paint. The letters are no more than
three millimeters in height and the lettering is done in four lines: IRON,
METEORITIC / VAR. SIDERITE / TOLUCE, Xiquipilco / MEXICO. Above this and
to the left there is the letter N with the number 18 directly below it in
fine white paint with a protective layer of clear varnish. Anybody got any
ideas? Thanks, Jack Schrader