[meteorite-list] Based on a true story?

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 20 00:19:39 2005

Hi,

    Historically, this type of meteorite tends to fall more on Haiti than anywhere else (i.e., the
Sammadi iron), although a secondary target area seems to be southern Louisiana, as evidenced by the
Gris Gris chondrite of 1927. The strewn field can usually be located by establishing the central point
of undead activity.
    This variety of meteorite is rarer than other types of movie meteorites which usually contain
aliens of fairly unpleasant habits. In fact, the reputed fall location in this movie, the American
West small town, is more usually the site of these monster-containing meteorites. But, of course, in
the American Mid-West, meteorites containing super heroes are more common, although stones with
kryptonite inclusions are not unknown there.
    So, was anyone on the List retained as the scientific consultant on this film? I just hate it when
Hollywood won't make use of real world expertise on cannibalistic zombie meteorites! Maybe it's
because an expert would have told them that most zombis are not cannibalistic at all.
    It's a real shame we couldn't have had this news back on April 1. That would have been perfect.
<http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/602/602498p1.html

Sterling Webb